Monday, November 8, 2010

Questionnaire Project: Summary & Results

 music results



My survey was on music. I had 22 responses for my survey. I found out that out of my 22 participants 82% listen to Rock/Pop, 59% Country, 59% R&B/Rap, 55% Christian, and 23% Metal, so there is a good variety of music listeners in my participant group. I also learned that many of my participants listen to music while they are exercising, studying, and driving; that was 55% of the results. The other half, consisted of 18%  listen to music while exercising, 5% studying, 36% driving, and 27% other. I asked my participants how they liked to hear their music, and their responses had a tie between radio and ipod at 55%. The other results were 50% live, 41% CD, and 9% other ways of listening to music. The next set of answers were quite interesting. This question could have more than one answer as the questions above. The question was what do you listen for in your music? The responses were 77% lyrics, 23% bass, 64% rhythm, 55% melody, and 5% a specific instrument. I found those results interesting.
 music results
 music results



The next set of results started with the question how many hours a day do you listen to music? The answers were 36% 2-3hrs, 23% 1-2hrs, 23% 3-4hrs, 14% under an hour, and 5% 24/7. My participants then answered what time of day they listen to music. I found that more people (82%) listen to music in the morning rather than in the afternoon (64%). There was a tie between evening and night (50%). I also asked the 22 participants if they liked cross over music such as Taylor Swift which is country/pop.  Out of the 22 people 16 said yes, 5 maybe, and 1 said no to cross over music.  I found in this questionnaire that most of my participants listen to their favorite song to make them happy (71%). The rest of the results were 43% excited, 14% romantic, 0% sad, and 0% depressed.

music results
music results


The last two questions I have skipped around to put the results together. The last question was have you heard any of these songs: Hey Soul Sister by Train, Kiss from a Rose by Seal, Something Beautiful by Needtobreathe, Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses, or None of the Above. The top song that has been heard by my participants was Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses at 82%. I am also proud to say that Hey Soul Sister by Train was the second most heard at 77% (I love Train by the way).  Then  Something Beautiful by Needtobreathe has been heard by 36%, Kiss from a Rose by Seal 59%,  and only 9% chose none of the above. The next question was a fill in the blank that asked my participants favorite song. I found that most of the results were in the Pop/Rock genre. There were very few Rap, Christian, and Metal genres of songs but I did even have one Classical song. I found my results very interesting and I hope you do as well.



music results

1 comment:

  1. Nicole
    Thank you for your comment on our classroom page in New Zealand. We try and get the students as active as possible in using digital technology. In the task in question we only had the groups shooting for ten minutes so the onus was on them to come up with something in a very short time, it really motivated them and allowed them not to over think anything. It was a task the students enjoyed (also the teacher had to come up with it at very short notice) so its something that worked so well we might try it again. I think digital photography is such a must for educators and such a plus for a CV it also ties in so well with online displays like blogs. Thanks so much for your comment on our page, we really appreciate it.
    Myles Webb, Classroom Teacher, Room Eight, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete