Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Last C4K's for EDM

little girl making a sad face
 Last C4K's for EDM

My first blog post for September was for Mrs. Yollis’s class. She had posted a post about November being family month. That means that on the children’s blogs family members get to comment on them. I told Mrs. Yollis I thought family month sounded like a great idea. It allows family members to get involved with the students. I also told her though we in EDM310 don’t get a family blogging month, we get to comment on great blogs like theirs.

My second comment was for Room 8 at Melville Intermediate School. The had a post that was about a photo challenge room 13 participated in. They had the class mascot (which was a donkey) and had to take random pictures of it at different places. I thought this was a great idea because I love photography. The kids seemed to have a ball. The challenge only lasted a few minutes but that made it even more exciting. I would love to do this with my future students.

My third comment was for a boy named Sam at A Cary Academy. His blog post was amazing. He wrote a story called “Reversed Egyptian History” which was so wonderful. It was about him going back in time as
Ramses II Pharaoh of Egypt. He was in the pharaoh’s place but the spirit of the pharaoh was telling him what was going on. The story is amazing and I advise anyone who reads this comment to read Sam’s story. I told him that his story was great and I was very impressed. They also did a self reflection and I told him he did reach his goals. Also, I told him to keep striving with his goals and he’d continue to write great stories. Read Sam’s story! http://discovery.caryacademy.org/sams780/2010/11/trimester-writing-assessment/

My very last C4K for EDM310 was for a girl named Rachel in Ms. Naugle's 5th period math class. She did her post on storytelling. On November 4th, her class had a speaker come and talk to them about storytelling. The storyteller talked to the children about inspiration. At the end of the speakers speech, he got all the kids to make a story together which turned out great. I told Rachel I thought it was wonderful that they learned about storytelling and inspiration. I also said I'm sure that her class's story was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment