Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Assignment #5

Students Podcasting
The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This was a very educational video. After watching this video, it makes me want to one day do podcast with my future class. I think this is a fun experience for students. Making videos for kids is always fun even for the shy ones. Also listening to podcast seems like it would make learning more exciting. The upside to podcast mainly to me is if a student is out they can still get the notes. I’ve always been one to never miss a day of school because of the fear of missing something important, but with podcast if a student is sick or has a good reason to miss class they can still catch up.

I think from this video it makes me want to bring more creativity into my podcast. I am creative but hearing how students benefit from them makes me want to make this experience everything it should be. I want to get and put forth all I can into this podcast. That way, for my future students, I will be willing and excited to bring podcast into my classroom.

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog
These podcast by the elementary students were so cute. I couldn’t help but smile the whole time. The podcast was a really great thing to do with the young students. It sounded like it gave them confidence as well as learning experience. I will use this technique in my classroom hopefully one day. It seems like such a great learning experience.

The thing I learned that I would use in my podcast is the children’s confidence. They were so enthusiastic! I want to bring that enthusiasm to my podcast as if I were a wide eyed child not scared of the world. I want to make it as interesting as possible.

The Education Podcasting Network
The Education Podcast Network is a great thing to get started. It’s good to have resources available for teachers. This seems like a great network that they are starting. It will be nice for teachers to have one site to go to find the podcast they need for their lessons. It is also a good thing that the producers of these programs will be educators. This ,in my opinion, is great. If podcasting is going to be as big as it seems then teachers should have a network of safe podcast to let their students hear or see.

I’m not sure what to bring to my podcast from this site , but I will remember this site for the future. This will come in handy for teachers and us future teachers. I enjoyed seeing the involvement of teachers trying to get podcasting up and running.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! I really enjoyed reading your post! I couldn't stop smiling either when I heard the Eagle Nest Radio podcast! They were too adorable. I also agree that podcasting is a great tool for learning and it is also a great experience. I also agree that teachers should have a network of safe podcasts. That would be an excellent resource for teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your podcast is finished so we will soon know what you have put to use in your podcast that you learned from this assignment. I am glad that you plan to incorporate podcasts into your teaching. I hope you do so!

    ReplyDelete