Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Additional Assignment #2



1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
       I think learners can teach themselves. If they have the material and are motivated , I fully believe they can teach themselves.

2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
        Yes, I don’t think it matters if it is adults or kids. Kids are interested in things so I think they would probably be able to teach better than some adults. This is because they get so excited when learning something.

3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
       I think the conditions would be to have the materials for them to teach themselves such as books, computers or both.

4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
       Kids trying to teach themselves have a world at the touch of their finger tips with computers. Internet gives them the opportunity to find out pretty much all they need to know about something. Computers teach the kids what they need to know to teach themselves.

5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
      Motivation is key when it comes to learning. If a child doesn’t have the desire to learn then they won’t try, but if they are motivated their capability for learning is endless.

6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
    If they have a problem they use their motivation to want to find the answer, and they use the computer and internet to find the correct answer.

7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
     Well for me, if someone were to tell me I did something good but I could make it great that motivates me. I guess it all depends on the person.

8. How are you motivated to learn?
      Grades motivate me a lot, but besides that I think if I’m interested in something it motivates me to learn more.

9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
     In some cases they probably can I would think.

10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
      I do when it comes to math. When I was in Pre-Algebra in high school I was doing very poorly because I didn’t understand my teachers methods. I then really read my book and finally ended up passing with an A.

11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
     A teacher to me is there to show me how to do something, and to share their knowledge with me about something.

12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
    That there are kids in the world that have no choice but to teach themselves if they want to learn. It makes me feel privileged to have schools and knowledge available.

13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
Why do teachers rarely do things like travel to poor countries to teach? Why can’t we get these kids some learning tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment