Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Summary for C4T #3

the thinking chick
My C4T #3 was Daneah Galloway. Her blog is called The Thinking Chick (which I thought was super cute). I commented on her blog post "Magic Wand". It was a reply to a tweeted article. She was amazed at how things had become obsolete just in this decade. Galloway mentioned her Stylus, land lines, boundaries, and the VCR. I agreed with her that everything is changing. I mean who has a VCR anymore? Land lines are also becoming out dated and more people are just using cell phones. The paragraph on boundaries was different. I hadn't even thought about that but it was true. She also mentioned another link she read. This link was pertaining to what would be obsolete in 2020 in the classroom. Two things that she mentioned were desk and paper! How crazy is that, but I guess it could happen. She also mentioned that she feels education changes slowly (which I also agree with at times). Overall it was a very good post and I enjoyed her blog!

My second post for Daneah Galloway was on her post called "Murky Waters." The post was about Galloway explaining to her 6th grade class about copyright. Some of her kids just couldn't grasp the concept that you can't take something that belongs to someone else. One of her students explained it by saying it allows people to steal a person’s passion. That's a good way to look at it! After Galloway and her students discussed copyright she thought about it for awhile. How do you teach a child that they can't take something that they can download? She feels her kids frustration with this issue as do I. She also posted a video that was funny about copyrighting. I told Galloway that I agree with her on the whole issue, and I have enjoyed visiting her blog! If you haven't visited Ms. Daneah Galloway's blog check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment