Wednesday, October 27, 2010

C4K October Summary

One World Learning


The first C4K for October was on a 4th graders class blog from the PT England School in Auckland, NZ. The post was titled “Playing with my Cousins.” Asena was the student who wrote this post. She wrote about a day she spent with her cousins. They played a skipping game, ate, played dodge ball and word scramble. Then her dad called her to go pick up her mum, and she had a fabulous day! I told Asena that I thought it was great that she likes to spend time with her family. I also said I loved her blog and she used interesting words. I really thought her blog was super cute!

My second C4K was on a 6th grader’s blog named Jade. She had written a short poem about herself. It said she loves birds, has 2 dogs, 1 fish, 1 parrot and 1 Avery (in the Avery there is 1 bangles finch). Jade also said she is 11. She lives and goes to school south of Tasmania. I told Jade that I really enjoyed reading her blog. I told her that I also had pet dogs and I also have a parrot. I thought it was great that she has so many pets.

The third C4K I had two assignments. I read a senior’s blog post called “The Other Side of Learning” which was about the most important things she had learned in school. She made a lot of excellent points. I told her that I thought her post was very interesting and informative. Education is a journey and it’s a great journey. I also said that I thought it was sad that not all children get to have the opportunity to experience the journey.
For the next part of the assignment, I had to comment on Miss W’s 7th grade student from Australia. My student was  Kyle Par. He had written a post called “Decission.” His decision was to do a passion blog about video safety so he would be safe when using you tube. I told him that a passion blog sounded like a great idea. I thought it was great that he thought about video safety because a lot of kids need to know about it. I told him I was very impressed!

My fourth C4K was on Mr. Goerend and Mrs. Quam’s 6th grade class blog. I had their student Piper C. Piper wrote a really cute poem that had a very good rhyme scheme. Piper used words such as lamb, Sam, clam, and spam. I told Piper that I loved the poem and was very impressed with their rhyming skills.

My fifth C4K was on Mr. McClung’s class blog. The post was called “Global Pool of Money.” He summed up what his class had been talking about the week of Oct. 7th. They had been talking about economy and the recent economic recession. In this post he wrote the cliff notes from the discussions they had on this topic. Mr. McClung then mentions to keep in mind that the cliff notes are for 8th graders and may be over simplified. I told him ,in my comment, that I didn’t think they were over simplified. They were simplified enough to make sense to a 12 or 13 year old.  I thought the cliff notes were very understandable and got the point across. I enjoyed reading his post.

No comments:

Post a Comment