Monday, October 25, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

child learning on hand held device
RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms


What do you think is the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this presentation?
 In my opinion, when he talks about kids are fed medicine to make them stay focused is a big issue and a very important problem. I think in some cases this is true. If a child can’t sit still give them a learning experience that involves getting up and moving!If they get into games try to bring an educational game into the picture and get them learning.
Is there anything you disagree with in this presentation?
I pretty much agreed with everything. Sir Ken Robinson is such a great speaker it makes you want to agree!

How congruent are Sir Ken Robinson's positions with those which you are being taught in the College of Education. In other words, where is there agreement? Where is there disagreement?
I think the different positions he presented are a lot like the College of Education in my opinion. I feel that they both agree on how students should learn. I think they want to wake kids up to see what’s inside themselves. At the College of Education they want kids to feel like they have a chance to be someone and so does Sir Ken Robinson. There may be some disagreements somewhere in this but as of right now I can’t think of any.

What can you do to address the issues Sir Robinson raises?
I can be a good teacher to my future students, and make others aware of Sir Robinson’s opinions and my own.

What do you think of the presentation? If you had to do a presentation with others like this, what role on your team would you like most to play?
I LOVED the presentation! I thought it was so interesting. If I had to do this type of presentation I would probably want to be the designer. Because the designer would have to know the order of things and be organized. I’m very particular when it comes to being organized and how things should look, so I think that would be a good job for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment